Friday, May 22, 2009

Cabin Fever

I have the entire house for myself the entire weekend. The rest of the family--well, minus Nald and me, but Nald's at the condo in Cubao--went to Baguio and Sagada. I wanted to go with them for the last time I was in Baguio was Christmas of 2005 and I've never been to Sagada and was looking forward to snapping byteloads of pictures using Nel's digital SLR.

But, there are the dogs. No one's going to feed them. It's okay if it'll be an overnight trip. We can feed them early today and hopefully they can bear their hunger until we return the following day. But three days is too much for them and we can't find anyone who'll come in and feed six dogs, one of them a noisy, barky, fierce-looking-but-really-she's-sweet German shepherd. And just imagine, six hungry dogs who've not been fed for three days, barking and yapping when we arrive and they snap at the first sight of fresh meat they come across come Sunday evening: namely, us. They attack and eat us and go on a feeding frenzy across the neighborhood and beyond.

Really, I stayed behind to save us all.

So, three days with no company aside from the dogs. Let's see who succumbs to madness first and who eats whom or who sics whom to eat what or who sics what to eat whom or...

No comments: