Saturday, June 20, 2009

Designated Drinker

Tally:

1 bottle of Red Horse beer (with one more to go; Red Horse is not my beer of choice but it's the only one in stock in the nearest suking tindahan open at one A.M. I've only had one but I feel like I've downed half a case of San Mig Lite.)
1 Burger Machine cheeseburger (with one more to go)
unknown handfuls of cheese flavored popcorn
x number of shots of vodka (one bottle down and one more to go)
a number of unopened chips (Piattos, Tostillas and some Nagaraya)

Needless to say, I'm a bit smashed. I'm tempted to not check the spelling on this post--or the grammar--but I'll hold off posting this until later this afternoon after I've sobered up and my brain's working again.

Background noise: girls chatting and giggling about stuff, a hiss and a pop of a bottle being opened, ice tinkling on an empty glass followed by pouring liquid, giggles, "putang ina" liberally mentioned, as well as "asshole" (or was it "aso"?). My ears are going to sleep first, I think.

Times like these I wish alcohol could help me and write works of genius like, say, Charles Bukowski but all I can manage is this post.

I'm off to open the last bottle of Red Horse and scarf down the last burger. And then to sleep. Right after I drive home a couple of the people here home, yes. And no, I'm not that drunk to not drive. A sign of my being drunk is when I go off and write a maudlin post about a frakking Tom Waits song or something. But then again, I wrote that the day after, I think. Oh well...

P.S. I inadvertently hit control something which posted this, uh, post, so fuck the spellcheck and the grammar.

No comments: