Thursday, May 10, 2007

Debutante Muse

I also think that when she is already in her twilight years, her grandchildren will find Lola Maria Elizabeth sitting on a rocking chair, watching a telenovela on TV… and sniffing a cotton blanket.

Before she retires to a rocking chair, sniffing her blanket, she'll have to go through this whole debutante ball/gala thing first, with her family and relatives and friends along for the ride.

Crunch time approaching and I had to write an introduction for my sister (excerpt above), the debutante. And then I had to go to an actual recording studio to narrate the damn thing, which will be played while she enters the venue. I'm not exactly enamored of my voice (although quite a number of the opposite sex I've known over the years liked the sound of it (heh)) but it was really weird listening to a voice come out of the speakers that you acknowledge is yours but at the same time can't believe is yours. I think it's the aural equivalent of seeing your face through another's eyes.

Anyway, I'm not exactly thrilled doing the recording much less broadcasting my voice to a couple hundred pairs of unsuspecting ears this Saturday, but hey, it's for my not-so-little sister.

Not only is May 10th my sister's birth date (happy birthday Cha), today's also the day Andres Bonifacio and his brother Procopio were executed by men loyal to the traitor Aguinaldo.

No comments: